In the last Meetings Without Walls course hosted by iCohere, we asked association leaders what was holding them back from hosting online events. Take a look at the top ten reasons below. Their answers might not surprise you.
Top ten reasons associations are resistant to hosting online events:
- Our clients/members don’t like change that much.
- Our clients/members aren’t very tech savvy.
- It takes a tremendous amount of time to organize a virtual event.
- We don’t have the staff or resources.
- We are concerned with finding training and trainers with topics of value that can be done with a limited budget.
- We are challenged by convincing leadership to change what has always been done.
- We struggle with how to make an online event engaging and motivational.
- Fear of failure.
- It’s difficult to get the entire team on board and having at least one person dedicated to the events.
- We are hosting virtual events, but we want to move into events with Continuing Education credits.
If you find you agree with any of these concerns, you will be glad to know that the Meetings Without Walls course helped to solve these tough challenges. The course is packed with a library of tools, templates and resources to make online event planning seamless. What’s more, participants are instantly connected to the largest virtual event planning peer group in the world, making it easy to reach out, network, and brainstorm ideas.
Now more than ever, virtual events offer strategic solutions to real world problems. This is especially true for nonprofits and associations, where virtual events are used to support the mission, increase membership and earn revenue.
The iCohere Academy will soon be offering this 6-week online Certified Virtual Events Producer™ (CVEP) certificate program to help you quickly build the skills your organization needs to extend small meetings globally, design online courses, and implement large-scale virtual conferences. The course is called Meetings Without Walls and is available right now. Register here!
Here’s what a recent participant had to say:
“Session 6 really opened my eyes to the fact that building the right team is a key to a successful event–not a one man show. In pitching your case to the director and IT, tie the association’s strategic plan and mission into the budget. The budget worksheet will be invaluable.”
“The best thing about the course was the multitude of documents provided as tools that may be customized to meet the needs of my organization.”
Over 390 professionals have obtained their CVEP credential.
Earn the Virtual Event Planning Certificate for You and Your Organization
and earn 9 CAE/CMP Credits!
**Look for Early Bird Special Pricing in Spring 2017**
Learn more and sign up at: MeetingsWithoutWalls.com